Thursday, November 27, 2008

Hogwarts Hogwarts Hoggy Warty Hogwarts

Oh man, guys. I forgot. I truly forgot how much I love the Harry Potter series.
I guess I'd become jaded about it. Prolly around the fifth book.
But last night,when I was supposed to be sleeping, I picked up The Sorcerer's Stone. And read half of it before I decided that maybe it was time to turn the light out. Since it was the first time in years that I'd read it, it was like experiencing the adventure all over again. I had to suppress laughter when Hagrid gave Dudley a tail. By the time Harry got to Ollivander's, I was grinning like an idiot. And I really wanted to punch Malfoy for harassing Ron on the train to Hogwarts.
I've gotta give it to Rowling. She did create a great world, and a great adventure (even if she annihilated it all in the epilogue of the seventh).



Once more a believer, and yours...

3 comments:

anilee said...

Ha. That's so funny. Last Tuesday night, I just really felt like rereading Sorcerer's Stone (and I'm not really a fan of the series) and I loved it. It's not amazing, yet somehow it is like the most amazing book ever. Does that even make sense?

Anonymous said...

I KNOW, RIGHT?!?! ALL MY CYNICISM IS RUINED!!!

Medeia said...

You. Are. Awesometastic.

Strangely enough, I've also recently gone back to reading the books... and having heated HPfests during my study period for that matter("Whyyyyyyyy did she have to kill Hedwig in the first chapter?!" *whole table sobs*)